September 17th, 2018

Lennyn’s surgery has been postponed until noon tomorrow. The chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery at St Joe’s will be performing the surgery. We met with his assistant today and the MRI showed NO PVL (brain damage) which is HUGE NEWS. The pressure build up is causing her seizures, o2 dips, and feeding issues. Their hopes are the reservoir will drain the fluid until her little body absorbs the fluid on its own. If this does not happen then a shunt will have to be placed. Hydrocephalus is a lifetime disease and we will not know what developmental delays this pressure and her brain bleeds have caused until she is older but we’re really praying her brain needs the lowest amount of maintenance. #LennynStrong #NoMoreBS #TeamNoShunt

42045374_10213020024472183_820762997520596992_n

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s